Technical Skills Training
The trainings held at AQL are intended to provide a broad introductory background on drinking water quality issues and also to give the trainers a good basic understanding of drinking water contaminants, regulatory requirements and treatment technologies. They put extra emphasis on microbial contamination and management because microbial contamination is the predominant risk that is prevalent in drinking water.
The Technical training programs are as flexible as they can get, in terms of where they are conducted, when and how. Participants can choose to attend ATTC® at Aqualytic Training center or designated venues. Onsite programs are also offered upon request.
It is with great concern that the levels of water pollution from all areas including agriculture, industries and institutions continue an abated. The training at AQL is geared towards addressing the need to update water professionals on current and emerging methods for sampling, handling, analysis and data management that have recently been developed to inform better decision making for resource preservation and specifically water. We have highly qualified facilitators and trainers and furthermore the company is NITA registered.
Practical and theoretical training is offered at AQL Training Centre covering topics such as;
- Advantages of water quality testing
- Contaminants in water
- Roles of water analysist
- Steps of analysis
- Microbiological testing methods
- Good Laboratory Practice
- External Quality Control
- Waste Management
- Chlorine and Disinfection
- Sampling Procedures
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance
- Internal Quality Control & External Quality Control
- Use of laboratory test kits
- Water and waste water treatment etc.
- Water chemistry.
- General instrument maintenance and servicing.
- Procedures and methods used in external water treatment plants, boiler and cooling tower management.
- Good Water Laboratory Practices.